I’ve been working on the socks I’m knitting in the Frenzy Shiny, using the Herringbone stitch. I’ve been planning for a while to do a gusset like the one in my Show-Off Stranded Socks, which is knit at the same time as the leg. This time, though, I tried for a couple of things to improve the fit for Meg. She has a very high instep, so I decided to start the gusset earlier and increase every third row rather than every other row. I think this will make a little extra room higher up, where she needs it. I also decided to try twisted rib for the gusset, in an attempt to make them stretchy. I’ve finished the gusset and the heel, so I took a photo or two. Here is the side:
I’m very encouraged with how the sock looks at this point. The gusset looks very smooth and elegant, to me. And I love the way the sock looks from the back, as well:
I think the transition to the heel is very refined with this kind of heel. I have great hopes of this sock! Of course, very soon it will be right where the Petit-Four sock is lingering – ready for the toe. Must tackle that soon!