There are three things I’ve been knitting on recently. Now there are just two.
In other words, my Squaring the Marigold Catnip blanket is finally done – at least it’s made it to blocking stage. Here’s how it looks:
I started it blocking before I went to bed last night and it is still distinctly damp. I want to get it off the blocking wires and hopefully get some interesting photos of it. It grew more than I expected – I guess the silk content should have warned me of that being likely. I’m really looking forward to having it dry and usable – though of course today is the first really warm day of the year.
Here are some rather unexciting photos of the other two projects I’m working on.
First, my Waterlily shawl.
The most noticeable change since the last photo I showed you of this is that the green is starting to show up quite distinctly. Not that the color of this shot is totally accurate, but you can see the green pretty clearly. Also, the first set of diamonds in this tier is done, as you can also clearly see. And every row takes a while with this many stitches. But I hope to progress more on it soon.
The other project that’s still on-going is my Petit-Four socks. The second sock has been my chief work knitting for some time now, and I haven’t had too many meetings lately, so it’s been languishing a bit. Yesterday I had a nice long meeting (interesting, too!) where I made enough progress to be almost to the heel. I’m trying to finish the heel flap and get going on the gusset before I take it back to work in case there are any meetings tomorrow (though I’m not expecting any, but I never know for sure that one won’t pop up.) Here’s how they look now.
I don’t know whether I’ll be able to stand having just two projects active, so maybe I’ll resurrect an old one or possibly start a new one. Decision not yet made (and of course there’s the question of whether it starts getting hot in the house, which will affect what I choose to do.)