Well, I ripped back one set of snowflakes and reknit garter stitch. Then I bound off with a variant of Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off. Instead of adding a stitch before every stitch being bound off, I added one every other stitch. It worked out pretty well. It is still definitely stretchy. And it’s a good thing I didn’t just plain bind off, because it’s by no means too stretchy. Then I worked in the ends (all two of them – I love that). And laid it out flat and photographed it.
You can see that it’s pretty flat already. You can also get a pretty good idea of the colors – for some reason this non-flash photo, although indoors, has a pretty good representation of the color. Then I soaked it for a little while and tried to decide what to do with it.
It did seem to me that the front edges weren’t as straight as I’d like, so I ran wires through them. Then I just pulled it out fairly evenly. And had to call my husband to take pictures this time, since I could not reach high enough. He had to hold the camera above his head as it was. And here’s the photo.
You can see that it has definitely grown. And you can see a wrinkle and that it isn’t very even. I saw those too and went back upstairs, removed the wrinkle and measured it at intervals and got it more even. Not precise, but heck, when I wear it it isn’t flat and it won’t show if there’s a slight unevenness. The picture is also a lot darker – that’s partly because the yarn is darker when wet. It’s also because the light is coming from an overhead lamp, and Franklin was holding the camera so that it blocked a lot of the light.
Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and I can try it on again. It came just about to my elbows before blocking. We’ll see what it’s like now!
And I’m just knitting on the Petit-Four socks. I still haven’t decided what to start next. But I will come up with something pretty soon and will be sure to let you know.