I’ve managed to do a small amount of knitting lately, and mostly it’s been on Lune. I do love the pattern, and I think I like how it’s coming out. To give myself a better notion, I put it on a string and took some photos. Here’s the whole thing, in a photo that gives a pretty good notion of the overall shape.
You can certainly see that this is one which is wide but not very deep. This view also shows all five sections pretty clearly. I love the lines of these sections. The pattern on the side sections with the randomly scattered motifs shows pretty well, and I think I like it. I tried it on. It needs to be longer, and it needs to be blocked and needs a bit of a border. The border called for is two garter ridges – I hope it will be enough.
Here is a closeup of the lace in the center. This photo was taken inside, in artificial light, but it still manages to give a better idea of color than any yet. You can certainly see that the colors are changing a bit. It started green and brown and is now in the blue with pink stage. If you look at the top photo, you’ll see that the remaining yarn has some more of the current color and then turns more pink. I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks later.
The last row I knit was 399 stitches. The rows are also gaining 8 stitches in every pair of rows, so it takes a while for the length of the piece to grow. We’ll see how it goes. I hope I keep on with it fairly rapidly, because I think it’s going to be a really interesting shawl when it’s done. And I think I might well knit another Lune sometime in the future.