Sorry I’ve been so silent lately. After I finally went to urgent care for my cold on March 18th, I worked my way through my medication (which lasts a week) and my cough was just fading away when boom! both Franklin and I got a second cold. And I’m still feeling exhausted and draggy and my cough is worse than ever (whine, whine!)
I have managed to get some knitting done through the period, though. Firstly, I managed to finish the knitting on my Dazzling Herbivore some time ago. Here’s what it looked like when all knitted but not blocked.
The colors are gorgeous, and this shot doesn’t do too bad a job conveying them. The curling is pretty bad – it looks great blocking but of course the proof will be in the wearing. Here’s a blocking shot:
The geometry of the pattern is a whole lot more dramatic at this stage. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it works on. I’m going to try it on myself as well as Meg and Hazel and see what it does for each of us. I really don’t know what to expect!
I’ve finished knitting two more things and made some great progress on my Ziprelaxagon socks. I’m saving those for some more brief posts in the coming week. And I’ve started another pair of socks for Meg that I’m feeling very enthusiastic about. So I hope to have quite a bit more for you in the near future.